Buy this domain.
In the Wake of Hurricane Katrina, CPSC Issues Warnings Concerning Deadly Hazards Associated with Disaster Recovery | cialis online

In the Wake of Hurricane Katrina, CPSC Issues Warnings Concerning Deadly Hazards Associated with Disaster Recovery

AddThis Social Bookmark Button

n the wake of the catastrophic damage caused by Hurricane Katrina, the Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC) has issued warnings to residents of areas battered by the storm concerning some of the many life-threatening hazards they may face during disaster recovery. 

Some of the more serious risks are associated with portable generators which will be used extensively in areas where the electricity has been knocked out by damaging winds and flooding.

The CPSC strongly warns consumers to never use a generator indoors including garages, basements, crawl spaces, and sheds even with ventilation.

Exhaust fumes contain extremely high levels of carbon monoxide (CO) which can rapidly become deadly if inhaled. Last year, numerous deaths from CO poisoning were reported throughout the Southeast as a result of generators used in the aftermath of the four major hurricanes that hit the region in 2004.

Consumers should only use a portable generator outdoors in a dry area away from doors, windows, and vents that can allow CO to come indoors.

Wait for the rain to pass before using a generator, since consumer-grade generators are not weatherproof and, thus, pose a serious risk of electrocution and shock when used in wet conditions.

The CPSC also suggests the following life-saving precautions:

·When using a generator, plug individual appliances into heavy duty, outdoor-rated extension cords and plug the cords into the generator.

·Check that extension cords have a wire gauge adequate for the appliance loads and have all three prongs, including a grounding pin.

·Never store gasoline in the home or near a fuel-burning appliance, such as a natural gas water heater, where gasoline fumes could be ignited.

·Never use charcoal inside homes, tents, campers, vans, cars, trucks, garages, or mobile homes. Burning charcoal in an enclosed space can produce lethal levels of carbon monoxide very quickly.

·Make sure the batteries in your smoke alarm and carbon monoxide alarm are always fresh. Test these alarms regularly to make sure they are in working condition.

·Do not use electrical or gas appliances that have been wet, and do not turn on damaged appliances because of the hazards of electric shock or fire. Replace all gas control valves, circuit breakers, and fuses that have been under water.

·Exercise caution when using candles.

.Use flashlights instead. If you must use candles, do not burn them on or near anything that can catch fire. Never leave burning candles unattended. Extinguish candles when you leave the room.

·Chain saws can be hazardous, especially if they “kick back.” To help reduce this hazard, make sure that your chain saw is equipped with a low-kickback chain. Always wear shoes, gloves, and protective glasses.

« »

Comments are closed.




Defective Johnson & Johnson Depuy ASR Hip Implants

The Johnson & Johnson Depuy ASR Hip Implant is suppose to last 15 years, but can fail in only a few years after surgery. Victims with faulty hip implants endure excruciating pain, pain in the groin, death of tissue in the hip joint and loss of surrounding bone. GET ALL THE FACTS NOW! CLICK HERE!

CAT Scans Radiation Exposure

If you had a CT or CAT scan and now have a band of missing hair, skin reddening or any other problems possibly related to a radiation overdose, you may have been exposed to much radiation due to incorrect settings on these machines. CONTACT US TODAY!

Water Contamination From Fracking

Hydraulic Fracturing of Fracking a way to extract natural gas from shale is contaminating water supplies across the country. Get the facts to keep your drinking water safe for your family.

Overexposure to PCBs

Many people unknowingly have been exposed to high levels of PCBs. Recently 3 schools in NY City were found to have dangerous levels of PCBs throughout. Many workers for Monsanto, General Electric, and Westinghouse were exposed to high levels of PCBs. PCBs are a dangerous toxic substance that doesn't break down easily and can cause chloracne, bleeding and neurological disorders, liver damage, spontaneous abortions, malformed babies, cancer, and death. GET THE FACTS!
Overexposure to

Great Photography

Tallis Photo, the number one photographer for great corporate, wedding, and special occasion photos. CONTACT US TODAY!

Poligrip Lawsuit

Super Poligrip or Fixodent May Cause Nerve Damage. 800-LAW-INFO

Personal Injury Lawyer Nassau County

If you or someone you love was injured CONTACT US TODAY!

Nursing Home Blog

When a loved one is abused at a nursing home, it is time to take action. STOP nursing home abuse!

Car Accident Lawyer Nassau County

If you or someone you love was injured in an auto accident CONTACT US TODAY!

Suffolk County Auto Accident Lawyer

If you or someone you love was injured in an auto accident in Suffolk County, NY CONTACT US TODAY!

Don't Be Denied Veterans Benefits

If you or someone you love was denied veterans benefits CONTACT US TODAY!

Oil Rig Spills Lawyer

Oil Rig Spills harm the environment and cause heavy losses to coastal game and fishing industries, as well as a loss of waterway usage, resulting in a loss of income to individuals and businesses, and a loss of beach front usage. Don't let a spill cause you harm, CONTACT US TODAY!

Whistle Blower

Stand up and say what you think is right. See something, say something.